Incredible Things To Do In And Around Delhi

Legends, mysteries, politics, love affairs, architecture and more - monuments tell countless stories. Start exploring these fascinating pieces of history in your city before venturing out Nandini Banerjee, took a three-day break with her family to explore her city, Delhi, and discovered fascinating aspects of history and heritage that were unknown to her...

Incredible Things To Do In And Around Delhi


Just when we thought we are in for a deathly, dull summer vacation, my first cousin with her family landed at our place, unexpectedly. They were to attend a wedding in Agra and decided to stopover in Delhi. All good, but after settling down, we found out their other plans - 'Guys, we want to see Delhi, all of Delhi, and with you,' said my cousin. How boring, I thought. I was really wishing for a break away from the city! Shiv, my husband, came up with an amicable solution: 'We can head to a Manesar resort (close to Delhi) and then come right back to the hub and go explore our city.' I was overjoyed and my cousin readily agreed too.

An Indulgence at Manesar

Next day saw us - my husband, daughter and I; and my cousin, Tia's family of four, driving to the Heritage Village Resort and Spa, at Manesar (a 40 minutes drive from the Delhi airport). This Rajasthani-style haveli resort was just what we needed to escape the cacophony of urban living. 

Our room, a designer villa, as they call it, came with a huge living room, a master bedroom with an attached luxury bath and spacious balconies on all sides (overlooking lush gardens). Post the easy check in, we relaxed over chilled beer and cool cocktails and chatted while the children - my niece, 5, nephew, 7 and my 18-months-old daughter - raced and played hide-and-seek on the sprawling grounds. This was followed by a sumptuous lunch at Jharokha, the multi-cuisine restaurant. After a while, I trotted off to Spa Aruna.

The masseuse, Mouli, suggested that I try the coconut and olive oil body scrub followed by a Dead Sea mud wrap… I surrendered myself to her competent hands and before long was in a haven of bliss; this was followed by a Jacuzzi soak - an hour and a half later, I emerged feeling like a new person altogether and found my family and cousins snoozing, all too comfortable in the lawn loungers.

In the evening, we decided to try the English high-tea experience at the hotel's Tea Lounge. As the sun made its way into the horizon, we made our way towards the swimming pool where in between soaks, heated arguments and cool drinks we chalked out the itinerary for our Delhi tour.

For dinner, we chose Bhangra Beat (international cuisine restaurant). After a delicious fare - we had a mix of Mediterranean and Oriental dishes, we settled down for the night.

For reservations: 
Select Holiday Resorts Pvt. Ltd.; NH 8, Manesar, Gurgaon - 122050
Tel: 0124 - 2871500; E-mail: manesar@selecthotels.in

For more details please visit - http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/explore-delhi-heritage-walk-weekends-getaway-from-delhi-manesar/1/449515.html